Alan H. Singer, DDS
Meet Dr. Singer
Dr. Alan H. Singer is a certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, specializing in reconstruction of the face and mouth. He has been extensively trained in maxillofacial pathology, facial reconstruction, orthognathic (jaw) surgery, & TMJ treatment. Dr. Singer has special interest in dental alveolar surgery, including wisdom teeth removal, extractions, bone grafting, & dental implant surgery.
Dr. Singer grew up in Brooklyn, NY and graduated from Brooklyn College. He began his dental training in Washington, DC and graduated at the top of his class at Howard University College of Dentistry. He completed his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at Howard University College of Dentistry, the Washington, DC VA Medical Center, and DC General Hospital, where he also served as chief resident in his last year.
Dr. Singer is past president of the District of Columbia Dental Society, where he also served as a delegate to the American Dental Association for 14 years. He has taught at his alma mater Howard University College of Dentistry since 1981. He also served as the liaison to Howard University College of Dentistry and the District of Columbia Elementary Schools, for “Give Kids a Smile” day for 12 years.
Dr. Singer has been providing free oral surgery to numerous groups since 1981 including the N Street Village, the Spanish Catholic Center and the Hebrew Home in Rockville. Dr. Singer has also provided free care to impoverished elementary school children and survivors of the Holocaust in the DC metro area.
Memberships, Honors, and Awards (Past & Present)
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- District of Columbia Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Society of Osseointegration
- Pan American Medical Society
- Fellow- American College of Dentists
- Fellow-International College of Dentists
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity
- Academy Dentistry International
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Maimonides Dental Society
- Washington Dental Study Club
- Capital Dental Study Club
- Diagnostics Unlimited Study club
- Howard University College of Dentistry’s “Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award”
- District of Columbia Dental Society’s Highest Award, ” the Sterling V. Mead Award”
- Washington Hebrew Congregation’s ” Avodah Award” for community service.
- Howard University College of Dentistry’s “Dean’s Award”
- Howard University College of Dentistry’s “John Turner Award”
- The Maimonides Dental Society’s “Israel (Sonny) Shulman Award”